John & John Samuel Mortimer & Hunt
The company was founded on December 31, 1838, from the firm Storr & Mortimer, because Paul Storr decided to retire. Hunt's son John Samuel Hunt became a new partner of this company. He entered his first set of marks ISH (in a similar indented punch to the previous PS mark) at Goldsmiths’ Hall on 17th January 1839. Meanwhile the firm had relocated its shop to 156 New Bond Street, its manufactory remaining at 17 Harrison Street, and on 30th December 1839 entered a new set of marks IM & ISH (with and without a crown above). In 1943 John Mortimer retired. Robert Roskell came as a new partner and C.F. Hancock, continuing the business as ‘Hunt & Roskell’.
This maker currently has no products.