M. W. Morch & Sons
This Maker has no associated images yet.
Marius William Morch was born in 1803. By the age of thirteen, Morch was apprenticed to the silk and drapery shopkeeper, Johan Georg Ponsaing. Ponsaing was also a Major in the Civic Guard of Copenhagen. Morch completed his apprenticeship and in 1830 he moved to Oestergade and sold banners, flags and ribbons. Crown Prince Frederik (later King Frederik VII) ordered silk ribbon for the French Legion of Honour in 1840. From 1848 until 1874, the shop moved location and its final location was at Heibergsgade. In 1885, M.W. Morch and Son became the Purveyor to the Chancery of Knighthood. The firm was moved again in 1909 to its present location at no. 3 Peder Skrams Gade. The Ohm Hieronymussen family took over the firm in 1931. In the present day, the third generation of the Ohm family runs the firm. In 1990, M. W. Morch & Son's Eftf. officially became the Purveyor to the Royal Danish Court.
This Maker has no versions yet.
This maker currently has no products.