Nichols & Plinke
Image courtesy of eMedals.com
William Plinke moved to St. Peterburg in 1815 and opened a workshop (which employed P.K.). He met Charles (Constantin) Nichols and they opened a large firm of English silversmiths in St. Petersburg in 1829. This firm employed many well-known jewelers, such as Ardnt and Tobnikov. They were the main supplier of silverware to the Russian Imperial Court from the 1840s until the 1870s. The firm ceased activity in 1898.
In 1849, the firm was located in Fedorov's House in Karavannaja Street. In 1898 it was in Snamenskaja Street 36.
The mark "N.P." or "N.&9." denotes manufacture by Nichols and Plinke. The many many imperial Russian decorations as well as foreign orders such as the Montenegrin Danilo Order and the Greek Order of the Redeemer.
This maker currently has no products.